Introduction and Governing Terms
- I. This represents a legal document that serves as our legal Terms and Conditions and it governs the legal terms of our website sub-domains, and any associated web-based and mobile applications (collectively, “Website”), as well as any other services owned and/or operated by the Petrarch Centre, LTD (which may be referred to here as “Petrarch”)unless otherwise stated.
- VI. By using our services you agree to fully comply with and be bound by our Legal Terms. Please review them carefully. If you do not accept our Legal Terms, do not access and use our Website. If you have already accessed our Website and do not accept our Legal Terms, you should immediately discontinue use of our Website.
- VII. The terms “the company”, “us” or “we” or “our” refer to the Petrarch Centre, LTD
A “Visitor” is someone who merely browses our Website, but has not registered as Member.
A “Member” is an individual that has registered with us to use our Service.
Our “Service” represents the collective functionality and features as offered through our Website to our Members.
A “User” is a collective identifier that refers to either a Visitor or a Member.
The “Director” as used in the text refers to Alexander Rosenthal Pubul or whichever successor is appointed by the Petrarch Centre, LTD
All text, information, graphics, audio, video, and data offered through our Website are collectively known as our “Content”.
- I. The Petrarch Centre, LTD provides educational services in the traditional humanities., This includes but is not necessarily limited to providing online courses. In exchange for specified fees the Petrarch Centre, LTD agrees to provide the specified services. The Member understands that unless specifically stated Petrarch’s courses are not accredited
- II. While it will take reasonable measures to ensure continuous service, The Petrarch Centre, LTD undertakes no responsibility for technical interruptions of service which are beyond the control of the Petrarch Centre, LTD. If technical problems are so serious as to disrupt the provision of specified services the Petrarch Centre, LTD will offer partial or complete refunds to members depending on whether services were partially or completely disrupted. In cases of dispute it is the sole responsibility of the member to provide evidence that they were not able to access the services.
- III. The Petrarch Centre, LTD takes no responsibility for actions of persons who are not the Director or officers of the company, or staff directly employed or contracted by Petrarch to provide customer service. This provision includes but is not limited to other students.
- IV. All prices listed by Petrarch for specified goods and services shall be binding on the member. Any special exemptions requires explicit permission from the Director.
- V. Payments are ordinarily made using “Pay Pal” other specified methods. Payment must be received within two weeks of the scheduled start of the case unless otherwise specified. Non-receipt of payment may result in suspension of services.
- VI. Payments are non-refundable unless otherwise specified
- VII. Access to our courses is restricted – only registered students may employ our material without specific permission from the Director
- II. Specifically prohibited – Users agree not to post any material or use any Petrarch services for improper purposes such as those which:
a) Breaches third party rights including those of intellectual property
b) Involves fraud or deliberate misrepresentation
c) Involves personal insult , harassment, or injury to others
d) Involves the use of malicious software including viruses and robots or hacking including to make unauthorized changes to content
e) Involves grossly offensive material including but not necessarily limited to obscenity, pornography, and gratuitous depictions of sadism and cruelty
f) Involves libel or slander
g) Involves commercial soliciting without permission from the Petrarch Centre, LTD
h) Breaches the privacy of other members and users
i) Breaches the law or encourages criminal or civil misconduct
j) Depicts willful cruelty or sadism
k) Encourages the use or abuse of drugs for non-medical purposes
- III. Judgment as to whether these terms are breached belongs solely to discretion of the Petrarch Centre, LTD. Serious Breaches of acceptable use may result in the suspension of services.
- I. Websites owned or operated by us or teachings materials used by us may contain our service marks or trademarks as well as those of our affiliates or other companies, in the form of words, graphics, and logos. Your use of our Website does not constitute any right or license for you to use such service marks/trademarks, without the prior written permission of the corresponding service mark/trademark owner. You agree not to copy, redistribute, use or publish any portion of our Website or services without permission. Your use of our Website does not grant you ownership rights of any kind in our Website.
- II. By using the services of the Petrarch Centre, LTD you acknowledge that all Petrarch course products including audio and visual material and podcasts and written materials(including digital) are except when explicitly stated to be treated as the sole and exclusive property of the Petrarch Centre, LTD
- III. Without explicit written permission from the Petrarch Centre, LTD (the products provided by Petrarch are non-transferrable. No one may copy, duplicate or otherwise reproduce course materials except for non-commercial, personal use. No one may transmit or distribute them to non-customer third parties in any way including publication on the Internet without explicit permission from us.
- IV. We may employ as part of our services links to third party websites. These links are provided solely as a convenience to you. By linking to these websites, we do not create or have an affiliation with, or sponsor such third party websites. The inclusion of links within our Website does not constitute any endorsement, guarantee, warranty, or recommendation of such third party websites. Petrarch Centre, LTD has no control over the legal documents and privacy practices of third party websites; as such, you access any such third party websites at your own risk.
- V. Jurisdiction General Terms – Our Legal Terms shall be treated as though it were executed and performed in United Kingdom and shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of United Kingdom without regard to conflict of law principles. In addition, you agree to submit to the personal jurisdiction and venue of such courts. Any cause of action by you with respect to our Website, must be instituted within one (1) year after the cause of action arose or be forever waived and barred. Should any part of our Legal Terms be held invalid or unenforceable, that portion shall be construed consistent with applicable law and the remaining portions shall remain in full force and effect. To the extent that any Content in our Website conflicts or is inconsistent with our Legal Terms, our Legal Terms shall take precedence. Our failure to enforce any provision of our Legal Terms shall not be deemed a waiver of such provision nor of the right to enforce such provision. The rights of Petrarch Centre, LTD under our Legal Terms shall survive the termination of our Legal Terms.